The authors of the accepted extended abstracts must follow the steps below for the full paper submission. Please make sure you complete all the steps for the final manuscript submission before the deadline (23 April 2018).
1. Preparation of Your Final Manuscript
The final camera-ready manuscript of your paper should account for all the critical reviewers’ feedback.
The paper should follow the standard IEEE conference templates with A4 or US letter formats that can be found at this link.
Please, pay particular attention to the page margins, which should be as follows:
- A4: Top: 1.9 cm, Bottom: 4.29 cm, Left and Right margins: 1.29 cm
- US letter: Top: 0.75 inch, Bottom: 1 inch, Left and Right margins: 0.625 inch
The recommend length is 5 or 6 pages per paper.
The paper should not include any header or footer information in the top/bottom margins (e.g. do not include page numbers, etc.), except a copyright notice at the bottom of the first page.
All authors need to add the following copyright to the bottom of the 1st page of paper:
978-1-5386-4729-5/18/$31.00 ©2018 IEEE
This copyright number is identical for every paper in the 2018 BMSB proceedings and IEEE Xplore. Please make sure to include the copyright notice otherwise your paper will not be included in Xplore.
Proofread your source document thoroughly as there will be no possibility for further revision.
2. Generation of the PDF file and validation of the manuscript by IEEE PDF eXpress
Prior to submission, the final manuscript PDF file must be validated by IEEE PDF eXpress to ensure that it is IEEE Xplore-compliant.
- Go to IEEE PDF eXpress Website.
- If you are a new user, select ‘New Users – Click here’ and enter the Conference ID (42979x), your email address and choose a password. If you have used previously PDF eXpress you should enter the same password that was used for previous conferences.
- The conference ID is 42979x
Once inside PDF eXpress you have two options:
- Option 1 (Recommended) You can generate the PDF file from your source files (e.g. MS Word) and the generated PDF file will be IEEE Xplore-compliant. For executing this option, you have to select “Create New Title”, introduce the title of the paper, and then upload the source files. Once the file is converted, download it. This will be the final manuscript file that you will have to upload later on to Easy Chair.
- Option 2 You can validate a PDF file generated previously with any other tool. If you choose this option, please make sure that all the fonts are embedded, there are no bookmarks and no links (URLs). For executing this option, you have to select “Create New Title”, introduce the title of the paper, and then upload your PDF file. Once the status of the file indicates “PDF Passed PDF check; PDF is IEEE Xplore compatible”, download it from PDF eXpress. This will be the final manuscript file that you will have to upload later on to Easy Chair.
3. Conference Registration
In order for your paper(s) to be published in the 2018 IEEE International Symposium on Broadband Multimedia Systems and Broadcasting (BMSB) Conference Proceedings and IEEE Xplore, an author (including students) of an accepted paper is required to register for the conference at the Full (member or non-member) rate on or before 23 April 2018. For authors with multiple accepted papers, one Full Registration is required, each registration of an author allows to register two papers. For authors with three or more accepted papers an extra registration is required.
The registration process needs to be performed before uploading the Final Manuscript to Easy Chair.
To register, go to the registration tab and read the instructions carefully.
4. Submission of IEEE Copyright
You will receive an email, after all of the conference final papers have been received, from IEEE Electronic Copyright that contains the link to complete your copyright form electronically. Please make sure to complete this copyright otherwise your paper will not be included in IEEE Xplore.
- For papers in which all authors are employed by the US government, the copyright notice is: U.S. Government work not protected by U.S. copyright
- For papers in which all authors are employed by a Crown government (UK, Canada, and Australia), the copyright notice is:
978-1-5386-4729-5/18/$31.00 ©2018 Crown
- For papers in which all authors are employed by the European Union, the copyright notice is:
978-1-5386-4729-5/18/$31.00 ©2018 European Union
- For all other papers the copyright notice is:
978-1-5386-4729-5/18/$31.00 ©2018 IEEE.
5. Upload Final Manuscript in Easy Chair
Authors with accepted abstracts are invited to submit the complete version of the paper by April 23 to EasyChair with the final manuscript of your paper that has been previously obtained from PDF eXpress.
To submit the final paper, once logged in, click on “paper information”. Then use the link “Update file” in the upper right corner to upload the final manuscript in PDF format.
If necessary, options “Update authors” and “Update information” allow changing other aspects such as authors, keywords or abstract.
The hard deadline for submitting the final manuscript is 23 April 2018.
Remember that authors must be registered for that same deadline.
If you have problems during the submission of the final manuscript, please contact the IEEE BMSB 2018 chairs at email@example.com. If you change the tittle of your paper at any time during the final submission process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If your problems are related to the use of IEEE PDF eXpress, access the Publications Support Center for IEEE PDF eXpress. If you do not find an answer in the Find Answers tab, go to the Submit A Question tab. Your question will be forwarded to IEEE PDF Support and answered within 3 business days.
6. Decision on oral or poster presentation
The decision on oral or poster presentation will be sent by the end of April.